First, make sure Write-N-Cite is installed.
- Log in to RefWorks
- Click on Tools from the gray bar at the top of the screen on your RefWorks homepage
- Select Write-N-Cite and follow the instructions to install
Once Write-N-Cite is installed, follow these steps:
- Open a Microsoft Word document
- Click on View in your browser’s menu bar, and select Toolbars
- From the dropdown menu next to Toolbars, select Write-N-Cite
- When you are ready to insert a citation, click on the Insert a Citation icon on the Write-N-Cite toolbar
Tip: hovering over icons on the Write-N-Cite toolbar will tell you what they are
- Select a citation from the list, or choose Insert other citation
Troubleshooting Tip: Sometimes the icons in the menu at the bottom of your screen (on a Mac) will cover the Save button on the Insert/Edit Citation box. Try pulling the box to one side or hitting Enter or Return to make your selection.
Click here to access a step-by-step guide to installing Write-N-Cite.
Click here to access a step-by-step guide to using Write-N-Cite.